E³.WireWorks is a very efficient design environment. A do-it-all design environment with all parts of your design up-to-date automatically. It not only reduces inefficiencies, but also reduces errors and the need for rework. Having intelligent software to work with is the first step to success, but the question is, how can you get the maximum output from this amazing design tool?
1. Personalized templates
- Working with templates means you are never starting your project from scratch.
- It is very easy to create a template, which not only saves your settings but also your project structure to give your entire team a structure to work with.
- Simply save a file as an .E3t by clicking “save as” and selecting E3t (e3 Template). This file is now available to be used as a template for all projects. You can change the template easily when required.
2. Scripts to automate your project design
- The open API and COM objects provide an easy and efficient way to create scripts to automate any specific tasks inside E3.WireWorks.
- I personally find VBScript the easiest way to create scripts. Having said that, scripts can be written in any programming language that can access COM objects so you can create scripts in the language of your choice.
- Scripts can be set to run automatically when a certain event occurs in E3.
- The API and COM provide access to the majority of the actions that can be performed manually in E3. Such open access means you are only limited by your imagination.
3. The library database is the heart of your design
- Organizing the library database with your information goes a long way in creating a simple working environment.
- The library database can be organized and structured according to company- and user-specific attributes to have all the components at your fingertips.
- The search criteria are configurable according to your needs and this makes finding your components with your attributes easy and quick.
- You can have multiple databases to switch between with a click to ensure you can manage multiple standards without cluttering your library database.
4. Configuration to boost productivity
- All commands in E3 can be assigned a keyboard shortcut to increase productivity.
- Menus and toolbars can be configured to achieve a personalized environment to create your designs.
- Under Tools->Customize you can create your own menus and toolbars to gain 1-click access to your tools.
- Creating custom attributes and assigning project data automatically can keep your designs consistent without having to manually change information in the entire project.
5. A clean and efficient user interface
- All the elements in the interface can be adjusted as per user requirement to find the most efficient set-up with utmost ease.
- The project management window provides multiple customizable options to manage your design tree.
- Different types of schematic symbols and components can be segregated to keep your components organized and provide an avenue for a quick visual quality check.
- The design tree can be filtered according to the project requirement to segregate the project as desired.
A lot of E3.WireWorks users are finding efficiencies in aspects of the design that they did not consider at first. The possibilities seem endless when you take into account the new features and efficiencies being added with every release of the software. If you would like to learn more you can always drop us a line and we will be more than happy to help. (Not a Javelin customer, please contact Zuken for more details).
Post courtesy of:
Sanu’s original post can be found on the Javelin blog.