Tech Tip: How to Set-up Autorouting in E3.series
E3.series 2017 brings improved automatic routing for making connections by adding automatic connections between selected items. The most common controls are based on the following scenarios
- Pins are placed horizontally or vertically in line
- Already connected pins are moved or rotated
- By selecting 2 pins to connect with each other using Auto Route by Selection option
- Pins that share the same signal name
- Pins connected by one or more wires
The route settings for calculating the best path between 2 pins are based on 3 major factors
- The distance settings for making turns – a multiple of the grid size
- The cost of making decisions – Turns, crossing of symbols and connections are weighted by a cost of 0-100.
- The priority of shortest connection vs the longest connections.
The following video will show you how to set-up and use the ‘Auto Route’ feature in E3.series.