Top 5 Benefits of Up-front Planning in Electrical Design
In a world where so many design functions are being aided by computer software, it is not uncommon to find many companies still doing their early electrical design work on paper or in basic drawing design tools. But it is often painful to rely on educated guesswork and intuition to make important costing and design decisions. As such, you must be asking yourself, “Is there a better way?”.
In fact, there is. You can perform functional and topology design in the same design tool as you do all your main electrical design with E³.series (*whispers* – and that’s an area where we are different than many of the electrical CAD software kids on the block).
So what are the benefits and what is possible?
Harnesses are created automatically by distributing components in E³.topology (here: fog light system)
- Do your upfront planning in a tool that is designed for you with specific functions for electrical engineers
- Make early calculations like cable length based on real data
- Feed the early planning data directly into the detailed design without redrawing or re-inputting
- Work out the connections between functions and how they are going to work together
- Use one tool – learn one set of skills. Make life simple (it’s hard enough as it is)
If you want to investigate the virtues and general wonderfulness of our new E³.topology module, you can read about it on our product pages.
- Visit: www.zuken.com/e3topology